Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hmm... So here is my first substantial blog:
I reached ICTP yesterday evening ..By the time I reached here, the secretary had
left and had to go a bit of up and down to get my accomodation ..Interestingly a pakistani
guy helped me to get my room keys ..:):) ..

Well, ICTP is indeed a place worth visiting ..you indeed feel as if you are amidst great
scientists ..one really needs to maintain one's confidence to talk to them and discuss
science with them...
It is indeed a scientific place woth visiting ..Frankly speaking, I did find myself lost a
bit in this ocean of science here, but somehow managed to regain my spirits and confidence so as to
not only present my work but also to interact with them ..But I personally feel that I
still need to struggle a lot more to achieve their level of brilliance ..!!

Trieste is a beautiful place surrounded by Adriatic sea ..today after finishing my
presentation in the morning at Trieste and interacting with the scientific staff, I went to the sea
shore ..was all alone and missed you all a lot ..it was indeed great to sit there all alone in
an amazingly beautiful, serene and pleasent ambience ..I took a lot of photographs there
..especially of the sea birds ..seeing me sitting there for a while these birds became
pretty friendly to me and gave all possible nice and charming poses ..:):)..
and, in fact, they enjoyed sitting close to me :):) giving me the wonderful opportunity to
capture them from quite a close distance ..I sat there for a couple of hours and saw the
sunset and captured it too ..
Truly speaking, of all the places I have visited till now trieste turns out to be the most
beautiful and impressive ..!!

Well, a major place is left till now and that is venice ..!! Tomorrow (18th) morning, I
leave for venice and tomorrow night itself, leave for paris ...Hope I will be able to manage
both of them..:)Calling up from here is not possible ..If possible will call up tomorrow after reaching
Paris
(anytime b/w 9 to 10.30 a.m. paris time : add 4.30 hrs to it to get Indian time)..

Well, having visited three places till now ( i.e. ENS, Paris, LENS, Florence and ICTP,
Trieste)
though I do indeed feel quite confident about my work but have realized it rightly that I
need
to struggle much more to reach the same level of competence as the scientists/researchers
working in the
similar fields ..their depth of knowledge and clarity of concepts do impresses me a lot ..
and many many more reactions (which i will discuss with you in detail after reaching India)
about how we as Indians markedly differ from them in our personal day to day lives which makes us
lag behind in our respective professions irrsepective of what it is ..we do have to learn a
lot from them otherwise we will continue to be a developing nation and can never become a
developed nation ..I feel sad for our country as a whole when I compare them with us as
a nation ..
anyways ..tum log soch rahe hoge ki divya senti ho gayi ..:):)..but i did ponder over a lot of
such issues
as I found a lot of time to do so ..!!
Till the next post then... :):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home